Phew!
Was looking back at my previous blog.. time really swooshed past.
Prayers answered, i got a job in a bookstore. A big one.
But it's an uphill task. It's not easy; at many a times, the urge of just letting go, throwing in the towel, is very real.
So many bosses, so little time.. No life.
All the things I could ever complain of can be found here.
But wait. It was just what i needed - growth. In verbal communication, interpersonal skills, initiative.
Already almost 5 months into my 1-yr contract.. another 1 month, and it's be 1/2 year.
Thinking back, i'd planned to give up in the 1st week. Kinda glad that I didn't.
--------------------------------
On another note, to talk about my emotional life.
Been catching up with people whom i know from my student days - CCA friends, primary school friends, secondary school friends. Glad to see them at different stages of their lives now. My neighbour, who's the same age as me, is already a proud father.
Interacting with people in the workplace gives me a sense of rootedness, yet it is a very real trap. It could lure me away, from my principles, my goals. So I've gotta be more careful..
Hopefully, I'll think of what else to do this year.. Feel that people do change over time, myself included. Is it for better, or worse? I can
t say for sure. I've slid, and crawling back carefully now. My past experiences will continue to shape me into the person i will be tomorrow.
As for the future, the 1 year target will be reached in Aug.. hopefully things will change. I wanna see a different Me from then on...