Realized that life is a struggle. (where's my bed of roses??)
It's not easy - the growing up process - but, with love, support and encouragement one can continue to push on.
Looking at examples of others also helps to see how much more I have to go...
Especially on birthdays I can really see testimonies of one's life.. how people affirm the birthday boy/girl... Also a good time to know more about his/her life & character known by closer friends.
Today was HanYu's post-birthday celebration (22nd April was his actual birthday, but we had Unit Prayer Meet yesterday (Fri))
We had dinner at Starhub. Huaqiang and Peifang weren't there this evening.
2 tables in front, a Poly group (I recognize Serene) was celebrating a sister's birthday too.. Singing Happy Birthday song (But I almost dare swear that I heard "happy birthday to HanYu).. hee, there's also a little Hanyu in Poly Group, what!
So, after our dinnner we proceeded to Marina Square by bus (Chen Chung too.. though he was carrying his helmet).
Chen Chung and JingHe blindfolded HanYu with a white handtowel, turned him round 3 times and led him to the 'secret place' for sabo.. hee..
Part 1 - unblinded him before the fountain. we wanted to make him believe we were planning to push him into the water.
Shawn took photos along the way..We felt like fans and HanYu was the STAR..
Part 2 - we stopped at Kenko spa and foot message centre.
Even inside, he was not allowed to open his eyes... we told him to lie on the comfortable body rest but his body seemed very stiff and uneasy.
Brothers took off his shoes and socks... hee.. the sabo begins.
Actually, this is also the first time i've entered a spa and seen what actually goes on inside. Saw how the foot massseurs did their jobs professionally.
Even we, the onlookers, were treated nicely. We were allowed to sit on the cushioned stools and gather around HanYu. The male masseur even offered us drinks! (I'm won over by the hospitality)
For us, it was a 30-min eye-opening cum giggling session.
For Hanyu, it was a control control control painful session (could see the agony on his face, as though undergoing excruciating pain on the foot)
*more photo-taking
.. "foreign talent", Yee Seng & Kel soon joined in at the spa.
Really must applaud this brother for enduring the entire "relaxing session".
After that, we sat down somewhere with no nearby lamp.
Lighted the Choc Tiramisu cake and sang 2 versions of Happy Birthday for him.
Presenting of individual presents and affirmation-
Chen Chung - Famous Amos' wrapped Choco in a beautiful cardboard box, complete with ribbon
Joyce - free-sized navy-blue shorts (PE shorts material) and a shuttlecock
Anne - A 2005 cartoon wall Calendar & 1 ripe yellow, smooth-skinned lemon
The rest of us, tomorrow? (Sub D242)
*Kin Weng arrived in time to give the 2nd last sharing, before Jinghe who also closed in prayer for the birthday boy and his 2 birthday wishes.
Made our way home but last train had gone...
Said bye-byes to brothers and sisters, each heading his/her own way home.
HanYu, Joyce & I took 174M outside St Andrew's Cathedral.
Chatted with Hanyu, also today's the day when I learn most about this brother in same CG since Aug 2004, haiz..
OK, overall very happy tonight, though I reached home around 0115 on Sunday. Phew!