With visibly thinner wallets and lighter hearts, my good friends and I finally departed from shopping paradise - Orchard Road- after 5 hours of serious shopping. Mind you, we did it all for the sake of getting a present(it finally turned out to be 3 items) for another friend. Not just another friend, but one lucky gal who's had opportunities to travel to more places on the earth than the 4 of us combined.
Starting the "Amazing Race" at around 4p.m., we had no strategy, no time limit, only with a lot of money to spend. After a few misses at bossini and Nature Source, we stood against the wall below Wisma Atria's escalator to do what we liked least - brainstorming. Xian recalled that Qian might have hinted to her a travel guide. So, clinging on to that tiny ray of hope, we headed for Kinokuniya (my 'Little Heaven', ar-ha-ha *evilGrin*).
We bought a 2005 calendar(the Little Prince edition), filled with meaningful quotes, and a chinese picture book by famous illustrator/author Ji-Mi. He's that famous guy who wrote the book, Turn Left, Turn Right, recently remade into a hugely popular chinese movie starring Gigi Leung and Takeshi Kaneshiro. Time spent: 3 hours
Next stop: Bits & Pieces. This little shop in Wisma's basement packs punch, man! And we got exactly what we wanted - a clover pendant. Ahh~ how would Qian react when she sees these gifts? I'm so impatient for Wednesday to come - that Big day.
Finally, with tired calves and growling stomachs, we headed for KFC at Ngee Ann - Hui's preference usually determines the place we eat, maybe it's because she's usually the 'pickiest'? =P Anyway, we had the most wonderful, intimate time of sharing. I tell you, there's nothing more heartwarming than this, the privilege of having close girlfriends to confide in.
I finally touched home base at around 2230. It has been a day of joy and laughter. I'm so glad some things never changed...